One Day Silk shading Workshop
Suitable for beginners and novices alike.Location: Hand & Lock, 86 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TE. The nearest tube station is Oxford Circus.
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour lunch break (not provided)
Silk Shading, also known as painting with thread, is possibly the most artistic embroidery skill one can master. In this class, students will learn how to blend coloured threads to bring depth and realism to their embroidery. Practical application and insider tips will earn learners the ability to apply these techniques to their own garments and interiors.
Hand & Lock are now running weekend workshops sharing our impressive know-how and experience in this field. This is a rare chance to visit our Central London atelier and learn from a highly experienced master.
Floral Designs will be the theme of this class.
All materials are provided by Hand & Lock and students will be able to keep their embroidery pack. Classes run 10.00 - 4.30 with all course materials provided. Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand & Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, class bookings are non-refundable.
Throughout that time, students will learn the following:
- Brief history of Hand & Lock and the art of Silk Shading
- Looking at samples of silk shading and the materials used
- Discussion of the method of pricking and punching
- Demonstration and practice of stem and split stitch
- Demonstration and practice of colour blending: Long and short stitches
- Understanding the order of work (which section to complete first)
- Final recap of techniques