One Day Silk shading Workshop
Silk Shading: 1 Day workshop (Level 1)
Suitable for beginners and novices alike.
Location: Hand & Lock, 86 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TE
Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour lunch break (not provided)
Silk Shading, also known as painting with thread, is possibly the most artistic embroidery skill one can master. In this class, students will learn how to blend coloured threads to bring depth and realism to their embroidery. Practical application and insider tips will earn learners the ability to apply these techniques to their own garments and interiors.
Hand & Lock are now running weekend workshops sharing our impressive know-how and experience in this field. This is a rare chance to visit our Central London atelier and learn from a highly experienced master.
Floral Designs will be the theme of this class.
All materials provided | Upon successful completion of the class students receive an official Hand & Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered | For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org*Please note, class bookings are non-refundable.
Throughout that time, students will learn the following:
- Brief history of Hand & Lock and the art of Silk Shading
- Looking at samples of silk shading and the materials used
- Discussion of the method of pricking and punching
- Demonstration and practice of stem and split stitch
- Demonstration and practice of colour blending: Long and short stitches
- Understanding the order of work (which section to complete first)
- Final recap of techniques
At Hand & Lock the safety of our students and staff is of the utmost importance and we would like to share with you the steps we shall be taking to ensure that your class is safe and enjoyable.
What we are doing
- Class sizes shall be reduced from 12 to 6 students in order to comply with social distancing.
- Each student will have their own workstation which will allow them to be socially distanced.
- All classes will have a sanitation station provided which we will encourage students to frequently use.
- At the end of each day the class will undergo a deep clean where all equipment and surfaces shall be sterilised. Areas with regular contact such as door handles and toilets shall be cleaned regularly.
Things we need you to do
- All students who attend a Hand & Lock workshop shall be asked to follow social distancing throughout the class.
- We kindly request that all students bring their own facemasks to the workshop for the protection of others.
- Lunch is not provided and students shall be asked to eat away from the premises
- Tea and coffee shall be provided but we encourage students to bring their own mugs if they feel more comfortable.
- If you feel more comfortable bringing your own embroidery kit of essential tools, (scissors, needles etc), we encourage you to do this however as stated above, all of our tools provided shall be sanitised.