London Craft Week Tours12
Embroiderers to the British Royal Family, Savile Row, the Royal Armed Forces and top European designers, Hand & Lock opens its doors for one week to offer an insight into Britain’s oldest embroidery house.
Open house: Monday 4th October - Sunday 10th October 10 am - 4.30 pm. Booking not necessary. Free.
Guided Tours: £15 per person, booking necessary
Two tour times at 11 am and 2 pm - Maximum 12 people per tour
Tour Length: 1 - 1.5 hours
Hand & Lock's expert guided tours get you exclusive access parts of the studio that are not part of the open house. During the tour you will be guided round the newly refurbished studio, learning about the history of Hand & Lock and the ancient techniques we still use today. You will see key pieces held in our on-site archive as well as seeing live embroidery demonstrations.
At Hand & Lock the safety of our visitors and staff is of the utmost importance and we would like to share with you the steps we shall be taking to ensure that your tour is safe and enjoyable.
What we are doing
- Providing face-masks for visitors and visors for the tour guide to comply with regulation when social distancing is not possible.
- At the end of each tour the tour route will undergo a deep clean where all equipment and surfaces will be sterilised. Areas with regular contact such as door handles and toilets will also be cleaned regularly.
Things we need you to do
- Arrive for your tour no more than five minutes before the allotted start time.
- For your safety and the safety of our staff please wear a face-mask at all times.
- Sanitation stations will be located through-out the premises. If you touch or handle anything we ask that you sanitise before and after contact.