(Monogramming Levels 1 & 2)
Suitable for beginners and novices alike.
San Francisco, CA, USA
Location: San Francisco School of Needlework and Design, 360 Post Street, Suite 604, San Francisco, CA 94108
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour Lunch break (not provided).
Date: 20 - 24 May 2019.
Setting up home for one week at the San Francisco School of Needlework and Design, Hand & Lock will be teaching a five day intensive monogramming workshop. Monogramming is a wonderful way to personalise your own scarves, bed linen, napkins or even socks. Hand &Lock's expert teachers will show you how to set your frame, transfer your chosen letters to the material and then show you how to stitch out your letters in the traditional way.
This immersive five day class is a rare chance to learn from a highly experienced master of this exquisite art. The classes cover the basics, insider tips and practical application making sure students are fully equipped to go on to apply what they have learned to their own garments and develop their own unique styles.
- Discuss samples and tools
- Set Up a large size embroidery frame.
- Start to learn small size monograms in stem stitch (Fishtail and block)
-Continue with smaller monograms (script)
- Learn how to transfer monogram design onto fabric
- Start to work on larger French monogram with Satin Stitch and Padding
- Finish working on larger French monogram.
- Add different materials to Monograms.
- Design and Start Goldwork letter
- work on padding
- Add bullion
- Add pp to goldwork letter
- Work on any issues/answer any questions.
Full Class Structure available on request / All Materials are provided / 12 spaces per class
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand and Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.
*Please note, class bookings are non refundable