Two Day Monogramming WorkshopSKU2170HL
Monogramming: 2 Day workshopIntensive
Location: Hand & Lock, 86 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TE Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour lunch break (not provided)
Monogramming is a wonderful way to personalise your own scarves, pillow cases, napkins or socks. At Hand & Lock we will take you step by step through the process of setting your frame, transferring the selected letters to fabric and finally stitching your letters in the traditional way.
Our bespoke classes are taught be expert hand embroiderers who have worked in the couture industry for brands such as Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Dior, Valentino, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, YSL, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana, Schiaparelli, Lanvin and Burberry to name a few. The classes will cover the basics, insider tips and practical application making sure students are fully equipped to go on and apply what they have learned to their own garments and develop their own unique styles.
All materials provided | Upon successful completion of the class students receive an official Hand & Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered | For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, class bookings are non refundable
- A brief History of Hand & Lock and the art of Monogramming
- Looking at examples of Monogramming and learning how to identify the stitch
- Demonstration pricking and pouncing
- Transferring the monogram onto fabric
- Demonstration and practice of Block font in stem stitch
- Demonstration and practice of Fishtail monogram in stem stitch
- Demonstration and practice of French Knot
- Recap over techniques that were covered in the day prior.
- - Introduction of Script letters and demonstration using stem stitch and satin stitch.
- - Practice Script monograms
- - Final recap over techniques taught
At Hand & Lock the safety of our students and staff is of the utmost importance and we would like to share with you the steps we shall be taking to ensure that your class is safe and enjoyable.
What we are doing
- All classes will have a sanitation station provided which we will encourage students to frequently use.
- At the end of each day the class will undergo a deep clean where all equipment and surfaces shall be sterilised. Areas with regular contact such as door handles and toilets shall be cleaned regularly.
Things we need you to do.
Tea and Coffee are provided but we encourage students to bring their own mugs if they feel more comfortable.
- If you feel more comfortable bringing your own embroidery kit of essential tools, (scissors, needles etc), we encourage you to do this however as stated above, all of our tools provided shall be sanitised.
- Please do not attend the class if you feel unwell or if you have tested positive for COVID-19.