Two Day Tambour Beading WorkshopSKU2276HL
Tambour Beading: 2 Day Weekend WorkshopLocation: Hand & Lock, 86 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TE
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour lunch break (not provided)
Tambour beading, also known as Lunéville or Crochet de Lunéville, is a French Haute Couture technique where beads or sequins can be attached to a fabric. The embroidery is done with a special hook working through fabric stretched tight as a drum.
For one weekend, join Hand & Lock's expert practitioners to learn this couture embroidery technique popular on international catwalks and seen in shows by designers such as Elie Saab and Oscar De La Renta. Our bespoke classes are taught be expert hand embroiderers who have worked in the couture industry for brands such as Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Dior, Valentino, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, YSL, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana, Schiaparelli, Lanvin and Burberry to name a few. The classes will cover the basics, insider tips and practical application making sure students are fully equipped to go on and apply what they have learned to their own garments and develop their own unique styles.
All materials provided | Upon successful completion of the class students receive an official Hand & Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered | For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, class bookings are non-refundable, please see FAQs for more information
- A brief History of Hand & Lock and the art of tambour beading
- Looking at examples of tambour beading and learning how to identify the stitch
- Learn the chain stitch as well as becoming comfortable with the tambour hook on silk organza fabric.
- Practice the chain stitch in different directions and different sizes of stitches on the practice side of the traced design.
- Demonstration and practice of how to transfer beads and sequins to the fil à gant and attach them to the fabric using the chain stitch
- Demonstration and practice of how to do corners
- Recap over techniques that were covered in the day prior
- Work directly onto fabric with embroidery design, continue with the Chain stitch and working with beads, sequins and pearls.
- Demonstration and practice of the pulled stitch
- Recap over techniques learnt over the two days.
- Learn how to unframe the fabric from the slate frame.
At Hand & Lock the safety of our students and staff is of the utmost importance and we would like to share with you the steps we shall be taking to ensure that your class is safe and enjoyable.
What we are doing
- All classes will have a sanitation station provided which we will encourage students to frequently use.
- At the end of each day the class will undergo a deep clean where all equipment and surfaces shall be sterilised. Areas with regular contact such as door handles and toilets shall be cleaned regularly.
Things we need you to do.
- Tea and coffee shall be provided but we encourage students to bring their own mugs if they feel more comfortable.
- If you feel more comfortable bringing your own embroidery kit of essential tools, (scissors, needles etc), we encourage you to do this however as stated above, all of our tools provided shall be sanitised.
- Please do not attend the class if you feel unwell or if you test positive for COVID-19.