Monogramming Level One
Suitable for beginners and novices alike
San Francisco, CA, USA
Location: San Francisco School of Needlework and Design, 360 Post Street, Suite 604, San Francisco, CA 94108
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour Lunch break (not provided)
Date: 10th October - 13th October 2017
Hand & lock will be setting up their school for one week at the San Francisco School of Needlework and Design, join us and learn the beautiful art of monogramming. This three day Monogramming class with teach you you how to set a full size embroidery frame, transfer your chosen letters to the material and then show you how to stitch out your letters in the traditional way still used in the London based Hand & Lock Atelier. You will come away with the knowledge a variety of Monograms that will allow you to personalise any garment or item you may wish. The class is suitable for beginners, as well as embroiders with a more comprehensive understanding of 'stitch'.
- Discuss samples and tools
- Set Up a large size embroidery frame.
- Start to learn small size monograms in stem stitch (Fishtail and block)
-Continue with smaller monograms (script)
- Learn how to transfer monogram design onto fabric
- Start to work on larger French monogram with Satin Stitch and Padding
- Finish working on larger French monogram.
- Add different materials to Monograms.
- Discuss work
All Materials are provided
6 spaces per class
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand and Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.