Register here for the Hand & Lock Prize for Embroidery 2018.
Under the umbrella of the Hand & Lock Prize for Embroidery entrants can now enter work completed by hand in the 'Hand & Lock award for hand embroidery' or by machine in the 'Wilcom Digital embroidery award'.
By registering you will be entering into the following category:
H&L Award for Hand Embroidery
Textile | open Category
This prestigious international prize has attracted students of embroidery, design, arts, surface textiles, costume, fibres, interiors, fashion and textiles throughout the world. The aim of this prize is to promote the use of hand embroidered surface embellishment within fashion, costume and soft furnishing. All in the hope that contemporary design and other fresh approaches will be inspired to embrace hand embroidery, to acknowledge and value its quality and expertise.
First Place winners receive:
1st place: $3500 USD
Winners and runners up receive:
- A commemorative framed hand embroidered plaque produced by Hand & Lock’s skilled craftsmen.
- Tickets to any Fashion Textile Museum Exhibition.
- A year’s subscription to Selvedge magazine.
- A work placement at Hand & Lock.
- A weekend course at Hand & Lock.
Other 2018 Prizes include:
- The Worshipful company of Gold and Silver Wyre Drawers (GSWD) will award $1400 for best use of Goldwork in a submission.
- Madeira are offering $750 worth of industry standard threads between the category winners
- The Textile Institute will award $650 to the best fabric design.