Haute Couture: Intensive
(Tambour Beading Levels 1+2)
Suitable for beginners and experienced alike.
Location: ArtSpace at Cass Art Manchester, 55-57 Oldham St, Manchester M1 1JR
Daily Time: 10.00am - 4.30pm with 1 hour lunch break (not provided)
Date: April 23 - 27, 2018
Hand & Lock are finally heading to Manchester to teach their most popular class, the haute couture embroidery technique of Tambour Beading. Working on a special design, students will experience first hand the special technique that has been popular on International Catwalks and seen in shows by Elie Saab and Oscar De La Renta. Tambour beading also known as Lunéville or Crochet de Lunéville is a French Haute Couture technique where beads or sequins can be attached to a fabric. The embroidery is done with a hook working through a fabric stretched tight as a drum. Students will learn how to create a design, set up a full size frame and how to work the hook through the fabric without catching before learning the technique. Join us between 10am and 4.30pm for five consecutive days to discover the fundamentals of this famous haute couture embroidery technique.
- Introduction to Hand & Lock. - Set Up a full size frame. . - Learn the chain stitch as well as becoming comfortable with the tambour hook on plain opaque fabric
- Learn how to add beads to threads and attach to fabric using the chain stitch - Learn how to attach sequins.
- Move onto Larger more complex design - Learn the Vermicelli technique.
- Continue on larger design - Learn Pulled Stitch technique.
DAY 5 .
- Recap over work and discuss any unanswered questions.
Full Class Structure available on request | All Materials are provided | 10 spaces per class
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand and Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.
*Please note, class bookings are non refundable