|Goldwork in Couture
(Goldwork Levels 1 & 2)
Suitable for beginners and novices alike
Williamsburg, VA. USA
Location: Williamsburg School of Needlework, 5121 Center Street, Suite 100, Williamsburg, Virginia 23188, USA
Daily Time: Mon, Tue 10:00 - 4:30, Wed, Thur, Fri 8.30 - 3.00.
Date: September 10 - 14, 2018
London based embroidery experts, Hand & Lock have joined forces with the Williamsburg School of Needlework in Virginia to teach a series special of embroidery classes. Join us in April 2018 to master the fine art of Goldwork, the tradition of embroidering using metallic threads and bullions. The term 'goldwork' is used even when the threads are imitation gold, silver, or copper, or coloured allowing for an array of textures and colours to express your vision in.
Students will learn fundamentals such as soft string padding, felt padding before learning the more complex elements such as pearl purl, cut work in smooth and rough bullion, chips, passing and essing.
- Introduction to Hand & Lock.
- Set Up a full size frame.
- Learn how to transfer the design onto fabric
- Start to learn soft string padding
- Continue to learn soft string padding
- Move onto Felt padding
- Learn Cut work
- Continue with Cutwork
- Learn how to couch passing down
- Learn chipping with short billions, and how to edge and area in Purl Pearl
- Continue with techniques learnt and if time permits essing.
- Recap over work and discuss any unanswered questions.
Full Class Structure available on request | All Materials are provided | 12 spaces per class
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand and Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.
*Please note, class bookings are non refundable