Goldwork in Couture Level One
Suitable for beginners and novices alike
San Francisco, CA, USA
Location: San Francisco School of Needlework and Design, 360 Post Street, Suite 604, San Francisco, CA 94108
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour Lunch break (not provided)
Date: 9th October - 13th October 2017
Hand & Lock have joined forces with the San Francisco school of Needlework and Design to teach a series special of embroidery classes. Join us to study Goldwork, the art of embroidering using metal threads. The term 'goldwork' is used even when the threads are imitation gold, silver, or copper, or coloured allowing for an array of textures and colours to express your vision in.
Students will learn soft string padding, felt padding, pearl purl, cut work in smooth and rough bullion, chips, passing and essing.
- Introduction to Hand & Lock.
- Set Up a full size frame.
- Learn how to transfer the design onto fabric
- Start to learn soft string padding
- Continue to learn soft string padding
- Move onto Felt padding
- Learn Cut work
- Continue with Cutwork
- Learn how to couch passing down
- Learn chipping with short billions, and how to edge and area in Purl Pearl
- Continue with techniques learnt and if time permits essing.
- Recap over work and discuss any unanswered questions.
Full Class Structure available on request
Number of Places: 8
All materials provided.
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand & Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, class bookings are non refundable