Suitable for beginners and novices alike.
Location: Hand & Lock, 86 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TE
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour lunch break (not provided)
Date: September 8 - 9, 2018
Contemporary Beading combines classic embroidery techniques with current design aesthetics. Popular with emerging designers, this embroidery style evokes experimentation and creativity whilst feeling thoroughly modern.
For one weekend, join a Hand & Lock expert embroiderer to learn a host of invaluable techniques and stitches including ribbonwork, bullion loops, french knots and stab stitch. With expert guidance you will experiment with 3D bead work techniques, work on a specially designed tulip motif using array of 3D materials and textures.
- Introduction to Hand & Lock.
- Set up a seat hoop frame.
- Begin with soft string padding and cutwork.
- Learn rosebud ribbonwork
- Practice stab stitch and work with sequin film.
- Learn how to use sequins and bullion loops.
- Learn how to apply sequins with seed beads.
- Practice French knots.
- Continue with stab stitch, combining bugle beads with seed beads.
- Work on more advanced ribbonwork with sequin film strip.
- Combine sequin film with seed beads.
Full Class Structure available on request | All Materials are provided | 12 spaces per class
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand and Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.
*Please note, class bookings are non refundable